I’ve gone five times. And that might be too much information for you, if so, stop reading now (but subscribe for later). And that’s five times TOTAL during my career. Let’s just say I tend to keep number two away from the workplace when possible.
However, my lack of use hasn’t kept me from thinking of ways to improve the office lavatory. A few simple enhancements would make the bathroom a much nicer place to be. Keep in mind this is from a man’s perspective. Feel free to share what you’d like to see changed below.
– No cracks. Doors should close flush. I shouldn’t have to worry about the door swinging open mid-business or getting locked in.
– High doors. Why can’t the doors be built to the floor? Shoes are a dead giveaway – and we all look under the stall.
– Music. Muzac. Anything but silence. It’s already awkward enough, how hard would it be to play some music?
– Urinal dividers. They should be wide and long – cause I don’t need to see anyone else’s business. Ever.
– Air freshener. Whether it’s a bottle of Lysol or a Glade Plug-In, how expensive would it be to keep some potpourri scent on-hand?
– Hand towels. Save the trees all you want, but my office only offers the services of a hand blower. That sucks. Actually, it blows.
– Two-Ply. That’s all I’m asking for.
No one is asking for a washroom attendant, array of combs and colognes or even comfy toilet seats – just some improvements to make the process more human… cause we’ve all gotta go, sometime.
Now, your thoughts…