Trying to find work you love? Stuck in a rut with work and looking for some inspiration? Here are 29 quotes about work to lift you up and give you that inspiration you are looking for:
- Nothing ever comes to one, that is worth having, except as a result of hard work. Booker T. Washington
- Laziness may appear attractive, but work gives satisfaction. Anne Frank
- Do not hire a man who does your work for money, but him who does it for love of it. Henry David Thoreau
- I think the person who takes a job in order to live – that is to say, for the money – has turned himself into a slave. Joseph Campbell
- There is joy in work. There is no happiness except in the realization that we have accomplished something. Henry Ford
- Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. Confucius
- All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. Thomas A. Edison
- The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary. Vince Lombardi
- The harder I work, the luckier I get. Samuel Goldwyn
- All things are difficult before they are easy. Thomas Fuller
- Nothing will work unless you do. Maya Angelou
- A man’s work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened. Albert Camus
- Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing. Theodore Roosevelt
- Find a job you like and you add five days to every week. H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- There is no substitute for hard work. Thomas A. Edison
- Work is love made visible. And if you cannot work with love but only with distaste, it is better that you should leave your work and sit at the gate of the temple and take alms of those who work with joy. Khalil Gibran
- Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don’t recognize them. Ann Landers
- There are one hundred men seeking security to one able man who is willing to risk his fortune. J. Paul Getty
- Without work, all life goes rotten. But when work is soulless, life stifles and dies. Albert Camus
- Every noble work is at first impossible. Thomas Carlyle
- Nothing is work unless you’d rather be doing something else. George Halas
- To find joy in work is to discover the fountain of youth. Pearl S. Buck
- Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion. C. Northcote Parkinson
- Life grants nothing to us mortals without hard work. Horace
- Working hard and working smart sometimes can be two different things. Byron Dorgan
- The only thing that overcomes hard luck is hard work. Harry Golden
- The supreme accomplishment is to blur the line between work and play. Arnold J. Toynbee
- Work is not man’s punishment. It is his reward and his strength and his pleasure. George Sand
Finding work you love and enjoying your work is about both inspiration and the work you do. Use these quotes whenever you need to top up your inspiration at work!
Bio: Jen Smith is a Life Coach, Mentor & Writer. She has tried many career paths herself and now helps other people achieve their goals and dreams.
Leave a Reply