It hits the best of us, we are working, or studying, and we just don’t want to do it anymore. You take a small break on Facebook. That break can end up taking a couple of hours. It may happen in a different way. You might want nothing to do with work or your homework. You’ve got it bad, you are procrastinating. Procrastinating is almost never good, but if you must, here are a few ways to procrastinate effectively.
1. Gym time! If you want nothing to do with studying or work, go to the gym. Exercising will give you a lot more energy, will lower your stress, and if will boost your level of concentration when you do decide to get back to studying.
2. Look up jobs, or scholarships. If you are still in school, start looking for scholarships that you might be eligible. If you are bored with your job, start looking for jobs that will be good for you.
3. Buy tickets. If you are going home, or you want to go to a concert, start looking up tickets. You might end up finding a great deal!
4. Clean up. You can always take some time to clean your room, desk, or even kitchen.
5. Update your resume. Go over your resume and make sure that you aren’t making any mistakes.
6. Practice performing. If you’ve got a special musical number, practice right now!
7. Check classes for next semester. See what classes you can take next year.
8. Make a yummy meal. Take some time to make yourself a really yummy meal that you will be proud to eat.
9. DIY spa break. If you’ve been running yourself to the ground this semester, take some time and have your own spa night. You will feel great and ready to study.
10. Watch a movie. Don’t just watch any movie, find one that is an adaption of the book that you are reading in English class.
11. Take a nap. Most college students don’t get enough zz’s. Take a nap and refresh,
12. Get organized. Make sure that you have everything that you need to be able to study effectively.
13. Keep in touch with family or friends. If you have a family member that you haven’t talked to in a while, make sure to reach them. It’s a good time to keep in touch!
14. Clothing swap. See if your roomies want to switch up clothes. This can benefit everyone!