The Jobacle blog always encourages you to take your full lunch hour. Now we’re taking it a step further. As summer winds down, we encourage you to take your lunch hour outside!
Here are some of the benefits of chowing down in the sun:
– Avoid cancer. Get Your Vitamin D fix. Sunshine kicks off a chain reaction which produces the essential vitamin in our bodies. Low levels have been proven to lead to multiple sclerosis, several types of cancer and cause unexplained muscle and bone pain. Isn’t work already painful enough?
– Reverse SAD. Studies have shown that the simple act of natural light hitting your skin can help reverse seasonal affective disorder, an illness that saps your energy and causes depression as the days get shorter. And guess what, tomorrow will be shorter then today,
– Sleep better. Sunlight helps keep our bodily processes in check by regulating hormones and improving thyroid function. This can increase your sense of well-being and assist in having more restful nights, which in turn, leads to more restful days.
– Calm tummy. Sunlight has been used in the treatment f stomach ulcers – especially ones brought on by paper jams and elevator small talk.
– Longevity. The sun helps awaken your pineal gland, also known as the "third eye." The stimulation of white blood cells will help you feel more alive.
– Strong muscles. Your overall strength increases because your heart rate, blood pressure, and respiration rates are all leveled off.
– Eliminate waste. Poisonous chemicals and heavy metals are removed from the bloodstream faster. This might not sound relevant to you, but if you work in a mold-infested asbestos trap like me, then this item is key.
Please subscribe to the blog.
– Energize. Sun exposure boosts your energy level and sharpens your mental faculties – that’s something your boss will appreciate.
– Thicker skin. Literally. The rays will cause your top layer to thicken. Conditions such as acne, eczema, and psoriasis have been shown to improve during sun exposure. Unfortunately, your boss’s bad jokes will still sting.
– Stay calm. When your body is regulated you will reduce the risk of feeling the symptoms of anxiety.
– Eat your veggies. The consumption of vegetables will increase the level of antioxidants in the body, thus providing protection against any sun-induced radiation damage.
– Normal appetite. Some believe that sitting in the sun helps curb your appetite.
– The Vanity Effect. A suntan tends to boost an individual’s confidence because they feel good about themselveses. Also, it shows that you care about your appearance which is generally an attractive quality.
– You’re outside. Regular readers of the Jobacle blog know how important it is to step away from that albatross known as a cube and clear their minds. The simple practice of stepping outside of your office building can do just that!
All good things in moderation, friends. There are medical conditions that are made worse by exposure to sunlight, so be sure to consult your doctor.
Sun = life. And employers might be getting wise. Hybrid solar lighting could be the next big office trend. Bosses are famous for figuring out ways of squeezing every drop of productivity out of us… but, it’s also expensive, which means they must be so conflicted!
Leave a Reply